Top 100 I Miss You Quotes For Him and Her
Top 100 I Miss You Quotes For Him and Her, if you’re missing someone dearly but not sure of how to tell them, these I miss you quotes can be the exact words you were searching for. Rely on these amazing missing someone quotes to provide you with the perfect thing to say to that person you can’t stop thinking about.
Missing someone who’s been a part of your life can bring overwhelming sadness.
It can make you feel empty and dejected.
There are various reasons for missing someone.
You could be in a long distance relationship , going through a breakup, or maybe you’re dealing with the loss of a loved one.
Maybe you’re insecure and you just can’t handle being alone, or maybe you miss the traits and personal qualities.
If you had a strong connection with someone, or if they made you smile and feel special, it makes perfect sense to miss them when they’re no longer in your life.
So what can you do when you miss someone?
There are various ways to feel better when the situation seems too much to bear.
To make it a little easier, think of all the happy times you enjoyed together and honor their memories if you will never be with this special someone again.
Also, you should understand and accept some distance from the person you desire to be with, or make the effort to stay in touch with them.
Below is our collection of beautiful, wise, and cute I miss you quotes, I miss you sayings, and I miss you proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years. Enjoy!
If the pain of missing them is too much, the best solution might be to distract yourself and move forward by taking on new hobbies, making new friends or taking a trip somewhere.
Also see our selection of quotes for her as well as thinking of you quotes for people you love. We also have a list of comforting sad love quotes to uplift your spirits. Don’t forget to check that as well.
Missing him quotes on Dealing with Distance and Time
1. Even though I miss you right now, I know that you will come back to me.
2. Hearing the words, “I miss you” from the right person is an amazing feeling.
3. If you can’t get someone out of your head, maybe they are supposed to be there.
4. The scary thing about distance is you don’t know whether they’ll miss you or forget you. Nicolas Sparks
5. You know you really miss someone when you crave something so simple such as the sound of their voice.
6. If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden. Claudia Adrienne Grandi
7. You know someone is very special to you when days just don’t seem right without them. John Cena
8. Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart. Kay Knudsen
9. How you can already miss someone when you are in the same room with them, I have no idea. But I do. Karen Harrington
10. Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell. Edna St Vincent Millay
Don’t forget to use these Short Quotes About Life to make your feelings known.
Missing someone quotes to feel a little better about the situation
11. We only part to meet again. John Gay
12. Distance unites missing beats of two hearts in love. Munia Khan
13. Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated. Lamarti
14. I wish for you the wisdom to realize that it’s okay to miss something, but not want it back. Steve Maraboli
15. Absence from whom we love is worse than death, and frustrates hope severer than despair. William Cowper
16. Sometimes the tender breeze can help us feel the presence of someone by bringing us their fragrance. Avijeet Das
17. When we miss someone, often, what we really miss is the part of us that with this someone awakens. Luigina Sgarro
18. Plant a good seed in people who have fertile hearts. When you are away, they’ll miss you. When you are coming again, they can’t wait! Israelmore Ayivor
19. There should be a little gap between you and your friends, though you’ll miss their companionship and you’ll also miss their disrespect. Michael Bassey Johnson
20. It’s hard when you miss people. But you know if you miss them, that means you’re lucky. It means you had someone special in your life, someone worth missing. Nikki Schiefelbein
Cute I Miss You Quotes for her
21. It’s the way I miss you even before you leave.
22. I never want to miss a day without you. Maria Koszler
23. There is not a single moment in any day that I do not find myself missing you.
24. I miss you. A little too much, a little too often and a little more every day.
25. Missing someone is your heart’s way of reminding you that you love them.
26. But nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it. Calla Quinn
27. Even if I spent the whole day with you, I will still miss you the second you leave.
28. I heard someone whisper your name, when I turned around to see who it was I found myself alone then I knew, it was my heart missing you.
29. Your memory feels like home to me. So whenever my mind wanders, it always finds it’s way back to you. Ranata Suzuki
30. “I miss you like the sun misses the flowers, like the sun misses the flowers in the depths of winter, instead of beauty to direct it’s light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world which your absence has banished me to.” – William in “A Knight’s Tale”
I miss you quotes for him or her
31. “No matter where you go, you will always be in my heart.” – Anthony T. Hincks
32. “I can’t pretend that I don’t miss you because I see you in everything that I do.”
33. “And they can’t understand, what hurts more—missing the other person, or pretending not to.”- Khadija Rupa
34. “When I close my eyes, I see you. When I open my eyes, I miss you.”
35. “His eyes missed her as much as the rest of him.” ― Rainbow Rowell
36. “I keep myself busy with the things I do but every time I pause, I still think of you.”
37. “I get butterflies just thinking about the next time I’ll see you.”
38. “I will stop missing you when I am with you.”
39. “I love you past the moon and miss you beyond the stars.” – JmStorm
40. “Of course, I miss you, it’s all I do.”
Beautiful missing someone quotes
41. “Missing someone enlightens how the person means to you and broadens the feelings shared.” – Unarine Ramaru
42. “You can love someone so much, but you can never love people as much as you can miss them.” – John Green
43. “I miss that feeling of connection.
Knowing he was out there somewhere thinking about me at the same time I was thinking about him.” ― Ranata Suzuki
44. “Missing someone and not being able to see them is the worst feeling ever.”-Unknown
45. “When you miss someone….it’s weird…your body doesn’t function normally..as it should. Because I miss you, and my heart…it’s not steady…my soul it sings numb. Fingers are cold…like you…your soul.” – Coco J. Ginger
46. “He kisses me like he misses me, even before I have to go.” – C.J. Carlyon
47. “Time goes by a lot slower when you miss the one you love.” – Unknown
48. “Missing someone isn’t about how long since you’ve seen them or the amount of time you’ve talked them. It’s about that very moment when you’re doing something and wishing they were right there with you.”
49. “Missing you could turn from pain to pleasure, if I knew you were missing me too.” ― Unknown
50. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” – Elisabeth Foley
I miss you quotes to help express your feelings
51. “I think part of me doesn’t want to remember him, for fear of missing him too much.” – Francesca Marciano
52. “I miss you deeply, unfathomably, senselessly, terribly.” – Franz Kafka
53. “Even though we are miles apart, you are still a very important part of who I am.” – Unknown
54. “Trees quiet without the birds, My heart quiet without you.” – Terri Guillemets
55. “A hug for you means I need you. A kiss for you means I love you. A call for you means I’m missing you.” – Beth Obedoza
56. “I miss your voice because it is a symphony; your scent because it is a treasure; your smile because it is a jewel; your hug because it is a masterpiece; and your kiss because it is a miracle.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
57. “Listening to your heartbeats I would fall asleep. I miss it now!” ― Avijeet Das
58. “You can never love someone as much as you miss them” ― John Green
59. “Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.” – Lamartine
60. “Your absence has gone through me Like thread through a needle Everything I do stitched with its color.” – W.S. Merwin
I miss you and missing him quotes
61. “The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.” – Nicholas Sparks
62. “My eyes await your return. Please come back soon. I miss you baby!”- Unknown
63. “A key to keeping your husband is getting him to miss you. That keeps a marriage fresh.” – Tori Amos
64. “I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you.” – Unknown
65. “The world is very quiet without you around.” – Lemony Snicket
66. “When you are not at hand to kiss away my fears I cannot choose but be wretched.” – Byron Caldwell Smith
67. “The joy of meeting pays the pangs of absence; else who could bear it?” ― Nicholas Rowe
68. “I miss him in so many ways, but right now I miss him in the way you always miss someone when you’re single among a room full of couples.” ― Emily Giffin
69. “Love reckons hours for months, and days for years; and every little absence is an age.” ― John Dryden
70. “Ever absent, ever near; Still I see thee, still I hear; Yet I cannot reach thee, dear!” ― Francis Kazinczy
Missing you quotes to express how you feel
71. “Missing someone and not being able to see them is the worst feeling ever.”– Nathanael Richmond
72. “And yet I want to be human; I want to be thinking of him because then I feel he is alive somewhere, if only in my head.”– Sally Green
73. “The worst thing you can do if you miss or need someone is let them know it.” ― Sarah Dessen
74. “Missing someone is a part of loving them. If you’re never apart, you’ll never really know how strong your love is.”– Gustave Flaubert
75. “I don’t know what they are called, the spaces between seconds – but I think of you always in those intervals.”– Salvador Plascencia
76. “Long after I have given up, my heart still searches for you without my permission.”– Rudy Francisco
77. “The heart is as transparent as the depths of the ocean; One can only see until the light is gone.”– Meredith Taylor
78. “And I don’t even like you, but the pain of life without you is biting.” ― Jamie Weise
79. “I just… I just miss him. And hate being so alone. Does he miss me? He must” ― Suzanne Collins
80. “The worst thing you can do if you missing someone or need them is let it hide from them.” ― Pooja
Missing someone quotes to make you feel better
81. “I wonder if that’s just how it feels to miss someone so bad – like being stabbed in the gut a little bit, each time you think of them.”― Kate Ellison
82. “Falling asleep with hopes and wishes that I rarely get to hold in my hand for long…go me. All I’ve got are memories and secrets.”― Alyse M. Gardner
83. “Sometimes, it’s not just about missing someone, it’s wondering if they’re missing you too.” – Unknown
84. “She sits there and feels the loneliness and the lack of him.”― Maggie O’Farrell
85. “Though I never really had you….
… to me you will always be the one that got away.”― Ranata Suzuki
86. “I would remember how I had wanted her and hated her and wished she would leave me alone and never let me go. And I would miss her.”― Amy Harmon
87. “I keep myself busy with the things I do but everytime I pause, I still think of you.” – Unknown
88. “I remember his eyes. They are just like mine. Every time I look in the mirror I see him. I try not to look at my self too much.”― Ida Løkås
89. “Remembering our loved ones is breathing life into their fading images, that we might once more see their faces and pass along a tearful “I miss you.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
90. “I missed Eve so much I couldn’t be a human anymore and feel the pain that humans feel. I had to be an animal again.”― Garth Stein
91. “When I was young I didn’t understand, but now, I know, how absence can be present, like a damaged nerve, like a dark bird.”― Audrey Niffenegger
92. “Someone asked me if I missed you. I didn’t answer. I just closed my eyes and walked away and whispered ‘so much’.” – Unknown
93. “What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you.” – Richard Wilbur
94. “There’s solace in the thought that I will never finish missing her.”― Jim Crace
95. “Can miles truly separate you from friends…. If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?” – Richard Bach
I miss you quotes for when you’re missing a loved one
96. “When I miss you, I read some of our old conversations and I ended up with a big, silly smile on my face.” – Unknown
97. “Rise up, wise up, say it loud. Soul, I will not lie to you. I’m all alone. I’m still missing you, missing you, missing you.” – Tegan Quin
98. “I might not always show it or tell you, but I miss you like crazy when you are not here.” – Unknown
99. “The Best Part Of Missing You Is, “I Recall Every Single Moment Spent With You.” But The Worst Part Is,”I Miss You So Badly.”― Mr. Sid
100. “Missing you is just a part of loving you. If we were never apart, then I would never know how strong my love for you is.” – Unknown
101. “No, I can’t close my eyes without you in my dreams.”― Luke Bryan
102. “I will only stop missing you when I am with you.” – Unknown
103. “Missing you is flashes of our past and fantasies of our future with the hard irony of the absence of our present as present occurs.”― Zhi
104. “My mind is still having trouble wrapping itself around the fact that you are gone.” – By Katherine Mullin
105. “When you are missing someone, time seems to move slower, and when I’m falling in love with someone, time seems to be moving faster.” —Taylor Swift
Thoughtful missing someone quotes
106. “My world is a million shattered pieces put together, glued by my tears, where each piece is nothing but a reflection of YOU.” – Sanhita Baruah
107. “I really do miss you. What can I say, life is so boring without you.” – Unknown
108. “I’m still missing you. Well I guess that I have, I guess that I have never really had you.”― Tegan Quin
109. “Even though I miss you so much, it comforts me to know that we are at least both under the same sky.” – Unknown
110. “We’ll meet again, but you’re a lifetime away, and I need you now.”― Karen Quan
111. “I will continue loving and missing you until the end of time.” – Unknown
112. “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart so long. If we?re in each other?s dreams, we can play together all night.” – Bill Watterson
113. “Missing ‘U’ is my way of Loving ‘U”― Saravana Kumar Murugan
114. “I guess that missing you is just my heart’s way of reminding me how much I love you.” – Unknown
115. “I miss everything about you, Can’t believe that I still want you and after all the things we’ve been through.”― Colbie Caillat
I miss you quotes that shoot straight to the heart
116. “Missing you gets easier every day because even though it’s one day further from the last time I saw you, it’s one day closer to the next time I will.” – Anonymous
117. “Separation isn’t time or distance. It’s the bridge between us; finer than silk thread, sharper than swords.”― Nazım Hikmet
118. “I felt like I was leaving a piece of my soul behind the moment you left. And every second that passes, I miss you like that, times a million.”― J.A. Huss
119. ‘I miss you and I want to be with you. It’s as simple, and as complicated as that.’– Charles Bukowski
120. “Each moment that I wait feels like a year, an eternity. Each moment is as slow and transparent as glass. Through each moment I can see infinite moments line up, waiting. Why have you gone where I cannot follow?”― Audrey Niffenegger
121. “Without you, I feel restless like a fish without water. Come back and make me feel alive again.” – Unknown
122. “Sometimes I miss you so much, it hurts. It feels like someone is squeezing my heart with the strength of the entire world.”― Colleen Hoover
123. “You are my joy, my happiness, my smile, my laughter. Without you, I become pale and withered like a flower without sunlight. Come back and make me bloom again.” – Unknown
124. “My love, you are my anchor. Without you it feels like I am sinking. Come back to me soon. I can’t bear this feeling for too long.” – Unknown
125. “I want your sun to reach my raindrops, so your heat can raise my soul upward like a cloud.”– Rumi
Other “I miss you” and missing someone quotes
126. “Thinking of you every; second, minute, hour, day, is medication to my illness of missing you.” – Unknown
127. “You may not always be here at my side, but you are always right here in my heart. I miss you.”- Unknown
128. “Missing you is like walking around without my heart. I feel this way because my heart is still with you.” – Unknown
129. “You don’t have to be a thousand miles from me for me to miss you.”- Unknown
130. “I fall in love a little more every time I see you and I can’t wait to see you again. I miss you so much!”- Unknown
131. “I miss you so much that I can’t help but feeling that every song I hear is about you.”- Unknown
132. “I miss our conversations. I miss how we used to talk every minute of every day and how I was able to tell you everything that was on my mind.”- Unknown
133. “Missing you is my heart’s way of reminding me that I love you.”- Unknown
134. “Every song I hear reminds me of how much I miss you and want you by my side.”- Unknown
135. “You may be out of sight, but you are never out of my mind.”- Unknown
Which of these I miss you quotes was your favorite?
Having someone special that you miss in your life can make you feel lonely and sorrowful. Sometimes the feeling is unbearable and can make you feel empty.
Hopefully, these I miss you quotes have inspired you to reflect positively on the memories and move forward stronger.
Did you enjoy these missing someone quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.