Love Yourself Quotes
Love Yourself Quotes, You have to love yourself before you can ever truly love anyone else, and these love yourself quotes should serve as your reminder to always appreciate that person staring back at you in the mirror. Keep reading to see our favorite self love quotes to show you just how awesome you are from the inside out!
Also check out our collection of Bob Marley Quotes, these be yourself quotes as well as these quotes about self care that will remind you to always take care of yourself.
Love yourself quotes for times when you feel like you’re not good enough
1. I am a star. […] I am a galaxy. C.J. Redwine
2. I celebrate myself, and sing myself. Walt Whitman
3. Selflove seems so often unrequited. Anthony Powell
4. We accept the love we think we deserve. Stephen Chbosky
5. I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art. Madonna
6. Do your thing and don’t care if they like it. Tina Fey
7. Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. William James
8. Love yourself instead of abusing yourself. Karolina Kurkova
9. It is never too late to be what you might have been. George Eliot
10. I don’t like myself, I’m crazy about myself. May West
11. The moment you accept yourself, you become beautiful. Osho
12. Love yourself enough to have a meaningful life. Millen Livis
13. Growth begins when we start to accept our own weakness. Jean Vanier
14. Miya Yamanouchi, Embrace Your Sexual Self: A Practical Guide for Women
15. Follow that will and that way which experience confirms to be your own.
Self love Quotes
16. It isn’t what they call you, it’s what you answer to. W.C. Fields
17. Be faithful to that which exists within yourself. André Gide
18. Maybe if we love ourselves healthy we will all heal? Nikki Rowe
19. Dress yourself in such a way that it shows that you love yourself.
20. A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval. Mark Twain
21. Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?
22. Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do. Benjamin Spock
23. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. Carl Gustav Jung
24. Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. Roy Bennett
25. Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.
26. You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are. Yogi Bahaman
27. Dismantle your wounds so you stop living your life by them. Nikki Rowe
28. To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. Oscar Wilde
29. Don’t let hollow heroes distract you from saving yourself. Nikki Rowe
30. If you have the ability to love, love yourself first. Charles Bukowski
31. You might also like our list of the best self worth quotes to boost your confidence.
32. Words always remain words, the world will change Mayan Kumar Louteriya
33. Somewhere, somebody is looking for someone exactly like you. Germany Kent
34. You have to grow, you have to be, you have to love yourself unconditionally.
35. Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
36. All people deserve your kindness, but none more so than you. Justin Kan
37. Sometimes you have to be alone to truly know your worth. Karen A. Baquiran
38. Your problem is you’re … too busy holding onto your unworthiness. Ram Dass
39. To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness. Robert Morely
40. Don’t forget to also check out these quotes about imperfection and embracing your flaws.
41. Everything worth having costs something, and the price of true love is selfknowledge.
42. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love & affection.
43. You are a true success if you can trust yourself, love yourself, and be yourself.
44. When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier. Diane Von Furstenberg
45. When you love yourself endlessly, you will find that the whole world loves you too.
46. Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. Never doubt who you are.
47. The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated. William James
48. Our entire life … consists ultimately in accepting ourselves as we are. Jean Anouih
49. Love is a battle with yourself. Be kind and love yourself before you love anyone else.
50. Brittany Burgunder, Safety in Numbers: From to Pounds, My Battle with Eating Disorders
51. Only when you are kinder to yourself, you can be kinder to the world. Haemin Sunim
52. Brittany Burgunder, Safety in Numbers: From to Pounds, My Battle with Eating Disorders
53. Lighten up on yourself. No one is perfect. Gently accept your humanness. Deborah Day
54. If you ever want to love someone, love yourself unconditionally first. Debasish Mridha
55. Selflove, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as selfneglecting. William Shakespeare, Henry V.
56. I will love you through everything. Can you do yourself the same honor? Scott Stabile
57. You can never meet your potential until you truly learn to love yourself. Teresa Collins
58. The better you feel about yourself, the less you feel the need to show off. Robert Hand
59. I’ve finally stopped running away from myself. Who else is there better to be? Golden Hawn
60. The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself. Michel de Montaigne
61. Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are. Malcolm S. Forbes
62. Believing in our hearts that who we are is enough is the key to a more satisfying and balanced life.
63. Have the courage to love yourself like you always wished someone would. Vironika Tugaleva
64. It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves. Edmund Hillary
65. I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself. Rita Mae Brown
66. Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are. Malcolm S. Forbes
67. You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company. Diane Von Furstenberg
68. Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
69. Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one’s own sunshine. Ralph Waldo Emerson
70. Love yourself and dream bigger. Teresa Collins, Live LIFE in All Caps: The Teresa Collins Story
71. Don’t suffocate your spirit for the lessons that were only passing through spring. Nikki Rowe
72. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself. Lucille Ball
73. When admiring other people’s gardens, don’t forget to tend to your own flowers. Sandbar Khan
74. At the core of your heart, you are perfect and pure. No one and nothing can alter that. Amit Ray
75. The hardest challenge is to be yourself in a world where everyone is trying to make you be somebody else.
76. To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections. Sandra Bierig
77. The only two words you should ever say to a mirror are Hello, Beautiful. Richelle E. Goodrich
78. Be very very very gentle with yourself. The world is very very very hard on you Srividya Srinivasan
79. Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it. Unknown
80. Believe in yourself up here and it will make you stronger than you could ever imagine. Sarah Dessen
81. You have to be able to love yourself because that’s when things fall into place. Vanessa Hudgens
82. Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults. Les Brown
83. Wildflower; pick up your pretty little head, It will get easier, your dreams are not dead. Nikki Rowe
84. Perfectionism is searching for faults to justify low selfesteem. It is a guaranteed failure and fantasy.
85. No one knows how you treat yourself, but it’s the most important relationship you have. Bill Masur
86. Your heart truly deserves the priceless feeling of unconditional love that can only come from you to you.
87. We can’t be so desperate for love that we forget where we can always find it; within. Alexandra Ell
88. Love yourself. It is important to stay positive because beauty comes from the inside out. Jenn Proske
89. To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
90. You are responsible for who you become… Love yourself, like your speed; Leave your scars; live your skills!
91. Celebrate who you are in your deepest heart. Love yourself and the world will love you. Amy Leigh Mercree
92. The absence of selflove can never be replaced with the presence of people’s love for you. Edmond Mbiaka
93. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Ralph Waldo Emerson
94. You say you need to love others, but do you love yourself Bangambiki Habyarimana, The Great Pearl of Wisdom
95. I love myself for I am a beloved child of the universe and the universe lovingly takes care of me now. Louise Hay
96. Once you embrace your value, talents and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you. Rob Liano
97. The best friend you will ever find is you. Love yourself with joy and fill your heart with bliss and happiness.
98. My willingness to be intimate with my own deep feelings creates the space for intimacy with another. Shakti Gawain
99. If only you knew how beautiful you are unconditionally. Don’t you know it’s enough if all you do is breathe?
100. Spend time understanding who you are, after all the only person your ever going to truly live with; is yourself.
101. Scarcity of selfvalue cannot be remedied by money, recognition, affection, attention or influence. Gary Zukav
102. There are so many more important things to worry about than how you’re perceived by strangers. Dennis Lehane
103. Love others to make them feel better and so that you see yourself in the mirrors of their eyes. Debasish Mridha
104. The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I’m not going to let myself pull me down anymore. C. JoyBell C.
105. You don’t have to stop fighting for others, you just have to remember to fight for yourself too. Liz Newman
106. You are beautiful. Know this. Anyone who tells you otherwise is simply lying. You are beautiful. Steve Maraboli
107. Whatever you are doing, love yourself for doing it. Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it Thaddeus Golas
108. I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.
109. Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do. Brené Brown
110. The greatest love that you could ever experience on earth is the one that only comes from you to you. Edmond Mbiaka,
111. Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
112. Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. Veronica A. Shoffstall
113. No other love no matter how genuine it is, can fulfill one’s heart better than unconditional selflove. Edmond Mbiaka
114. To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself. Thich Nhat Hanh
115. Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that’s when you’re most beautiful. Zoe Kravitz
116. Love only yourself a little bit longer, until you can’t stand not to love someone else. Kiera Cass, Happily Ever After
117. Self respect, self worth and self love, all start with self. Stop looking outside of yourself for your value. Rob Liano
118. Love yourself. Forgive yourself. Be true to yourself. How you treat yourself sets the standard for how others will treat you.
119. A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror. Ken Keyes.
120. Make peace with yourself before you move forward. Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. Roy T. Bennett
121. People that don’t know what they are worth will always see their capture’s wings, but never their tail. Shannon L. Alder
122. One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself. Shannon L. Alder
123. Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves, even when we risk disappointing others. Brené Brown
124. The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
125. It’s when you start to love yourself more than those around you that your ego begins to take shape & form. Anthony T.Hincks
126. Becoming acquainted with yourself is a price well worth paying for the love that will really address your needs. Daphne Rose Kingman
127. We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light. Mary Dunbar
128. Eat like you love yourself. Move like you love yourself. Speak like you love yourself. Act like you love yourself. Tara Stiles
129. Sometimes the noise of life can be just too much. If you need to escape, love yourself enough to know when you need a real time out.
130. When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.
131. Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it. M. Scott Peck
132. You can receive all the compliments in the world, but that won’t do a thing unless you believe it yourself. Criss Jami, Healology
133. You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens. Louise L. Hay
134. You’ve got to love yourself first. You’ve got to be okay on your own before you can be okay with somebody else. Jennifer Lopez
135. There is nothing noble about being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self. Hindu Proverb
136. You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy
137. Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.
138. Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down. Roy T. Bennett
139. I don’t entirely approve of some of the things I have done, or am, or have been. But I’m me. God knows, I’m me. Elizabeth Taylor
140. One’s dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered. Michael J. Fox
141. All you really need to do is accept this moment fully. You are then at ease in the here and now and at ease with yourself. Eckhart Tolle
142. Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. Lucille Ball
143. If you can learn to love yourself and all the flaws, you can love other people so much better. And that makes you so happy. Kristin Chenoweth
144. Whatever you did today is enough. Whatever you felt today is valid. Whatever you thought today isn’t to be judged. Repeat the above each day.
145. When you establish peace, when you establish love, when you establish kindness here [inside], you cannot act any other way to the outside world.
146. Even when it seems that there is no one else, always remember there’s one person who never ceased to love you yourself. Sanhita Baruah
147. She lacks confidence, she craves admiration insatiably. She lives on the reflections of herself in the eyes of others. She does not dare to be herself.
148. If you want to find the real competition, just look in the mirror. After awhile you’ll see your rivals scrambling for second place. Criss Jami
149. Find company within yourself and you’ll never spend a day alone. Find love within yourself and you’ll never have a lonely day. Connor Chalfant
150. Find the love you seek, by first finding the love within yourself. Learn to rest in that place within you that is your true home. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
151. Perhaps we shall learn, as we pass through this age, that the ‘other self is more powerful than the physical self we see when we look into a mirror.
152. As I began to love myself I found that anguish and emotional suffering are only warning signs that I was living against my own truth. Charlie Chaplin
153. Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you. Karl Lagerfeld
154. Selfcare is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others. Parker Palmer
155. To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now. Alan Cohen
156. You were born an original work of art. Stay original always. Originals cost more than imitations. Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem
157. People are like stainedglass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.
158. Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. Norman Vincent Peale
159. Looking back you realize that a very special person passed briefly through your life and that person was you. It is not too late to become that person again. Robert Brault
160. Self love is an ocean and your heart is a vessel. Make it full, and any excess will spill over into the lives of the people you hold dear. But you must come first. Beau Taplin
161. It’s all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self love deficit. Eartha Kitt
162. You have to learn to love yourself before you can love someone else. Because it’s only when we love ourselves that we feel worthy of someone else’s love. Alyssa B. Sheinmel, Faceless
163. Others can’t always define your true identity. They see what they ‘want’ to see but beyond your mess, God sees the beauty He created and still thinks it’s good! Chinonye J. Chidolue
164. Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. Howard Washington Thurman
165. Don’t ever allow yourself to forget how incredibly special you are, even for a single second. Without you, the world would not be as magnificent. Let yourself remember to love again, starting with you loving you.
166. If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself. Barbara De Angelis
167. Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her. Lao Tzu
168. Love yourself not in some egocentric, selfserving sense but love yourself the way you would love your friend in the sense of taking care of yourself, nourishing yourself, trying to understand, comfort, and strengthen yourself.
169. Loving yourself…does not mean being selfabsorbed or narcissistic, or disregarding others. Rather it means welcoming yourself as the most honored guest in your own heart, a guest worthy of respect, a lovable companion. Margo Anand
170. Why escape your intended purpose by copying and trying to be someone else? You will discover who you were meant to be only after you have shown confidence being yourself. Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem
171. If you don’t love yourself, you won’t be happy with yourself. If you can’t love yourself, you can’t love anyone else. You can’t give the love you do not have. You can’t make anyone love you without loving yourself first. Kemi Sogunle
172. When you’re constantly thinking of others and what they must be thinking or feeling or expecting, you wind up in this perpetual state of trying to please them. You see yourself through their eyes and you lose sight of who you are. Michael Soll, Scorched
173. Respect, Love, and Value yourself. Always remember to be good to yourself by taking care of yourself. Make yourself a priority and know that it’s okay. Don’t feel guilty for loving yourself, first! You’re just as important as anybody else. Stephanie Lahart
174. There are women who struggle to gain weight who are beautiful. There are women who struggle to LOSE weight who are beautiful. You know who is the most beautiful? Those who learn to love themselves the way they are. You don’t need to change for ANYONE. Teresa Mummer
175. Love yourself and love those around you. Take care of yourself and take care of those around you. Lead by example. Give love. Be a part of everything that is great in the world, and in turn there is more love and greatness in the world! Change the world! Jeffrey I. Moore
176. You are not an option, a choice or a soft place to land after a long battle. You were meant to be the one. If you can wrap yourself around the idea that you are something incredible, then you will stop excusing behavior that rapes your very soul. You were never meant to teach someone to love you. You were meant to be loved. Shannon L. Alder
If you don’t love yourself how can you expect others to love you? If you don’t love yourself, you might accept a type of love that is less than what you deserve.
At times it can feel like it’s easier to love others than it is to love ourselves. We can give amazing advice to other people about how they can develop their own self-esteem, but when that conversation is over we can still struggle with loving ourselves.
We can give great advice to others and talk to them in such a thoughtful and empowering way, but then when we talk to ourselves; we’re not thoughtful, we’re hurtful. And, instead of encouraging ourselves, we’re blaming ourselves for our past.
We’ve all been there, laying in bed in the middle of the night beating ourselves up. But the good news is, we can change how we think about and talk to ourselves. You can feel good about yourself.
One of the most important lessons we can learn in life is to love ourselves because how we treat our self, will directly impact how we treat others.
Our confidence will come from self love. Our compassion and empathy will come from our ability to forgive and see the best in our on self. Quotes about self love can become mantras and change the way you speak to yourself.
Loving yourself is not a selfish act, but it’s a fundamental skill to generate the strength needed to love others. In that vein, below is our collection of inspiring, beautiful, and happy love yourself quotes, love yourself sayings, and love yourself proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Did you enjoy these love yourself quotes?
Now that you are inspired by all the reasons and ways in which you love yourself, you will draw a better quality of people to you. Use this new found find feeling and do things that continue to grow this self-love.
Which quote about loving yourself was your favorite? What other love yourself quotes would you add to the list? Let us know in the comment section below.