Bob Marley Quotes Celebrating Life
Bob Marley Quotes Celebrating Life, Bob’s music was full of meaningful lyrics that encouraged us all to find a higher purpose for our life. It doesn’t matter how many years have past since the world lost this musical legend, these Bob Marley quotes will expand your mind and enhance your logic.
Bob Marley Quotes On Life That Will Inspire You
1. We’ve got to fulfill the book. – Bob Marley
2. “My feet is my only carriage.” ― Bob Marley
3. “My fear is my only courage.” – Bob Marley
4. “Tell the children the truth.” – Bob Marley
5. “Love would never leave us alone” ― Bob Marley
6. “Man is a universe within himself.” ― Bob Marley
7. “Judge not, before you judge yourself.”– Bob Marley
8. “Don’t forget your history nor your destiny” ― Bob Marley
9. “Overcome the devils with a thing called love.” – Bob Marley
10. “Never expect God to do for you what you don’t do to others.”
11. “Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.” – Bob Marley
12. “When the root is strong, the fruit is sweet.” – Bob Marley
13. “Love the life you live. live the life you love.” – Bob Marley
14. “Free speech carries with it some freedom to listen.”― Bob Marley
15. “In this bright future you can’t forget your past.” ― Bob Marley
16. “Conquer the devils with a little thing called love.” – Bob Marley
17. “Every man got the right to decide his own destiny.” – Bob Marley
18. “Truth is the light, so you never give up the fight.” – Bob Marley
19. “In the abundance of water, a fool is thirsty” – Bob Marley, Rat Race
20. “The day you stop racing, is the day you win the race.” – Bob Marley
21. “Though the road’s been rocky it sure feels good to me.” ― Bob Marley
22. “Though the road’s been rocky, it sure feels good to me.” – Bob Marley
23. “The good times of today are the sad thoughts of tomorrow.” – Bob Marley
24. “When the race gets hard to run. It means you just can’t take the peace.”
25. “When one door is closed, don’t you know, another is open.” – Bob Marley
26. “One love, one heart. Let’s get together and feel all right” – Bob Marley
27. “You can’t find the right roads when the streets are paved.” ― Bob Marley
28. “So before you point your fingers make sure your hands are clean.”– Bob Marley
29. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake up and live!” – Bob Marley,
30. “When one door is closed, don’t you know that many more are open?” – Bob Marley
31. “Don’t gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold” – Bob Marley
32. “Your Worst Enemy Could Be Your Best Friend && Your Best Friend Your Worst Enemy” ― Bob Marley
33. “Better to die fighting for freedom than be a prisoner all the days of your life” – Bob Marley
34. “What important is man should live in righteousness, in natural love for mankind.” ― Bob Marley
35. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have” – Bob Marley
36. “I no have education. I have inspiration. If I was educated I would be a damn fool.”– Bob Marley
37. “One good thing about music—when it hits you, you feel no pain” – Bob Marley, Trench Town Rock
38. “I’ve been here before and will come again, but I’m not going this trip through.” ― Bob Marley
39. “If you get down and quarrel everyday, you’re saying prayers to the devil, I say.” – Bob Marley
40. “Some will hate you pretend they love you now then behind they try to eliminate you.” ― Bob Marley
41. “Live for yourself and you will live in vain; Live for others, and you will live again.” – Bob Marley
42. “In the high tide or low tide, I’m gonna be your friend… I’m gonna be your friend!” ― Bob Marley
43. “If you can love the wrong person that much, imagine how much you can love the right one.” ― Bob Marley
44. “The biggest coward is a man who awakens a woman’s love with no intention of loving her” – Bob Marley
45. “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” – Bob Marley
46. “I went deep inside myself. I had time to explore my beliefs and because of that I’m stronger.”― Bob Marley
47. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you.
48. “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley
49. “Don’t worry about a thing ’cause every little thing gonna be alright”– Bob Marley “Three Little Birds”
50. “Money is numbers and numbers never end. If it takes money to be happy, your search for happiness will never end.”
51. “The biggest coward of a man is to awaken the love of a woman without the intention of loving her.” – Bob Marley
52. “Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, no one but ourselves can free our minds” – Bob Marley, Redemption Song
53. “You can fool some people sometimes/but you can’t fool all the people all the time” – Bob Marley, Get Up Stand Up
54. “I don’t stand for black man’s side, I don’t stand for white man’s side, I stand for God’s side.”― Bob Marley
55. “She may not be the most popular or prettiest, but if you love her and she makes you smile, what else matters?” – Bob Marley
56. “Man can’t do without God. Just like you’re thirsty, you have to drink water. You just can’t go without God.” – Bob Marley
57. “As a man sow, shall he reap. and I know that talk is cheap. But the heat of the battle is as sweet as the victory.” – Bob Marley
58. “I will never regret you or say I wish I’d never met you, because once upon a time, you were exactly what I needed.” – Bob Marley
59. “What we struggle to make of it is our sole gift to Jah. The process of what that struggle becomes, in time, the Truth.”― Bob Marley
60. “You just can’t live that negative way. You know what I mean. Make way for the positive day. Cause it’s a new day…”– Bob Marley
61. “Just because you are happy it does not mean that the day is perfect but that you have looked beyond its imperfections.” – Bob Marley
62. “Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but its everything in between that makes it all worth living.” – Bob Marley
63. Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you. – Bob Marley
64. “Don’t trust people whose feelings change with time. Trust people whose feelings remain the same, even when the time changes.” – Bob Marley
65. “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy.
66. “My music will go on forever. Maybe it’s a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts. My music will go on forever.” – Bob Marley
67. “Prejudice is a chain, it can hold you. If you prejudice, you can’t move, you keep prejudice for years. Never get nowhere with that.” – Bob Marley
68. “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.” – Bob Marley
69. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. – Bob Marley
70. You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible.
71. “You not supposed to feel down over whatever happen to you. I mean, you’re supposed to use whatever happen to you as some type of upper, not a downer.”– Bob Marley
72. You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon.
73. Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. – Bob Marley
74. When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself.
75. “Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more.
76. Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it’s like being young again. Colours seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist at all. – Bob Marley
77. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. – Bob Marley
78. “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!” – Bob Marley
79. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face. In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby.
80. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.” – Bob Marley
81. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life.” – Bob Marley
82. “He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. – Bob Marley
83. “You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it. You say you love sun, but you seek shelter when it is shining. You say you love wind, but when it comes you close your windows. So that’s why I’m scared when you say you love me.” – Bob Marley
84. “If she’s amazing, she won’t be easy. If she’s easy, she won’t be amazing. If she’s worth it, you won’t give up. If you give up, you’re not worthy. … Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley
85. “The winds that sometimes take something we love, are the same that bring us something we learn to love. Therefore we should not cry about something that was taken from us, but, yes, love what we have been given. Because what is really ours is never gone forever.” ― Bob Marley
86. There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever.
Robert Nesta Marley
6 February 1945 – 11 May 1981
Read on to find a beautiful collection of quotes by Bob Marley, some of which are pulled straight from Bob Marley lyrics that still inspire people around the world today.
Marley commonly denounced an addiction to chasing money and accumulating material things.
He thought there was much more to life than Western consumerism. And that, he believed was revolutionary.
Born Robert Nesta Marley in the parish of St. Ann, Jamaica, on Feb. 6, 1945, the legendary reggae musician was known for incorporating ideas of financial empowerment, love and happiness, and social justice into his music.
He considered these ideas to be his truth, and saw it as his job to speak on such topics.
He never steered away from saying something controversial. His music both healed and powerfully called attention to social change and oppression.
Bob was also a proud Rasta and was very religious.
He was much more than a leader of a band; he was a public figure who used his voice to stand for something much greater than himself.
Bob Marley will always be remembered for his politically conscious music that transcended race, age, and economics.
In honor of his legacy and global impact, here are some motivational and inspirational Bob Marley quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources. And when you’re done, check out these songs about dreaming big.
Which Bob Marley quotes were your favorites?
Bob Marley is remembered for more than his music. His legacy left such a huge impact on people all over the world.
Marley’s messages about fighting injustices influenced a revolution. He became an internationally recognized legend despite coming from a humble background. And even after reaching the top of his game, he still maintained a humble nature.
Hopefully, these Bob Marley quotes have uplifted your mind and changed the way you look at life.
Did you enjoy these Bob Marley quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. Also, remember to share these inspirational quotes with your friends and family.