Top 75 Quotes On Stress
Top 75 Quotes On Stress, no matter who we are and what we do in life, stress is always going to find us. But it’s how we manage that stress that makes the ultimate difference on our life. Our latest collection of stress quotes will give you the foundation you need to better manage your stress so that you can get the most out of life.
But no matter what stress we might experience, we cannot allow it to make us crumble. Just like mentally strong people, we must be able to thrive regardless of any added tension.
Regardless of what status you hold, life can get stressful at times. Sometimes we have to deal with financial setbacks, health problems, workplace challenges and all sorts of difficulties.
When stress takes over, it can be really challenging to return to your happy state. To help you get back there, here are some inspirational, wise, and uplifting stress and depression quotes and sayings.
In order to handle stress effectively, we have to accept that stress is part of life, accept that we cannot control everything and maintain a positive attitude. We have to put our stress in perspective, replace negative thoughts with positive ones and be proud of our achievements, no matter how small.
Be sure to also check out our collection of empowering worry quotes, these quotes on health as well as the best anxiety quotes and mantras for when your mind is spinning out of control?
Inspirational quotes on stress and how to handle it
1. It’s not stress that kills us, it’s our reaction to it. Hans Selye
2. Problems can be experienced as… a chance for renewal rather than stress. Marilyn Ferguson
3. There’s a lot of stress… but once you get in the car, all that goes out the window. Dan Brown
4. Trying to be a perfectionist brings increased stress and hinders performance. T. Whitmore
5. The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another. William James
6. I think one of the biggest things that sleep does is help with emotional stress. Joe Zeller
7. One of the best ways to reduce stress is to accept the things that you cannot control. M. P. Neary
8. Don’t let your mind bully your body into believing it must carry the burden of its worries. Astrid Alauda
9. When I’m under stress, I do yoga. It’s when I’m happiest that I have a problem with junk food. Britney Spears
10. Stress is the trash of modern life we all generate it but if you don’t dispose of it properly, it will pile up and overtake your life. Danzae Pace
Quotes on stress and how to manage it
11. There is more to life than increasing its speed. Mohandas Gandhi
12. Laughter helps bring balance to a stressful situation. Kala Stevenson
13. I enjoy an evening stroll. It helps me to reflect and eases stress. Blac Chyna
14. I’ve chosen to treat my life more like a party than something to stress about. Martin Short
15. If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you’ll die a lot of times. Dean Smith
16. Rule number one is, don’t sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it’s all small stuff. Robert Eliot
17. Over-thinking causes unnecessary stress and worry, and tends to blow things out of proportion. Melissa Eshleman
18. Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they’ve started. David Allen
19. Doing something that is productive is a great way to alleviate emotional stress. Get your mind doing something that is productive. Ziggy Marley
20. “In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.” – Lee Iacocca
Also read these insanity quotes on staying sane in the chaos that is life.
Inspirational stress quotes to calm you
21. “Stress spelled backward is desserts.” – Loretta Laroche
22. “Gratitude can reduce your stress and anxiety.” – Bree Miller
23. Set peace of mind as your highest goal, and organize your life around it. Brian Tracy
24. In a year you’ll barely remember why you felt so stressed, so why stress about it now?
25. “Today I refuse to stress myself out about things I cannot control or change.”- Anonymous
26. “Stress, anxiety, and depression are caused when we are living to please others.” – Paulo Coelho
27. “Sometimes we can focus so much on nothing that we make it a big something of nothing” ― Ricky Maye
28. “Each moment of worry, anxiety or stress represents lack of faith in miracles, for they never cease.” ― T.F. Hodge
29. “… some stress is necessary in our lives when we want to stimulate creativity, or to promote learning.” –Christian J. Borg
30. Stress can actually help you focus better and can be positive. Having small amounts of stress can stimulate you to think. Being able to manage your stress is key. Frank Long
Quotes about stress in life
31. “Give your stress wings and let if fly away.” –Terri Guillemets
32. Pressure and stress is the common cold of the psyche. – Andrew Denton
33. “Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is relax.” –Mark Black
34. “Make jokes. No stress. Love. Live life. Proceed. Progress.” – Lil Wayne
35. “A good way to overcome stress is to help others out of theirs.” ― Dada J. P. Vaswani
36. “Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.” ― Jane Wagner
37. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.? – Richard Carlson
38. “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.” ― Steve Maraboli
39. “Much of the stress people encounter is derived from dishonesty. People first lie to themselves and then to others.” – David DeNotaris
40. Stress is like spice – in the right proportion it enhances the flavor of a dish. Too little produces a bland, dull meal; too much may choke you. – Donald Tubesing
Inspirational quotes about stress
41. We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.~ David Mamet
42. Where there is a lack of rest, there is an abundance of stress.~ Lysa TerKeurst
43. When you are stressed on mind…to pour it out, is the behaviour, most kind!~ Sujit Lalwani
44. Stress is an ignorant state. It believes that everything is an emergency. – Natalie Goldberg
45. “The human body can be placed under huge stresses before death will result.” ― Steven Magee
46. Everyone is struggling under stress and fear. Only with right attitude we can avoid regrets.~ Kishore Bansal
47. Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.~Etty Hillesum
48. Our stresses, anxieties, pains, and problems arise because we do not see the world, others, or even ourselves as worthy of love.~ Prem Prakash
49. In times of stress, the best thing we can do for each other is to listen with our ears and our hearts and to be assured that our questions are just as important as our answers.~ Fred Rogers
50. “The stresses and strains of life mould us into our mature selves. The key to life is to accept the wisdom of our later years while maintaining our youthful enthusiasm and curiosity for the world.” ― Stewart Stafford
Stress quotes to remind you of your strength
51. “You won’t stress over it unless you care.”― Joyce Rachelle
52. “Relax. No one else knows what they’re doing either.”― Ricky Gervais
53. “Stress and striving always color your art in unintended ways.”― Allen Arnold
54. “Even the worst days have an ending, and the best days have a beginning.”― Jennifer Coletta
55. “Make others laugh by laughing at yourself. This is the best way to de-stress.”― Tapan Ghosh
56. “When money becomes your purpose, stress and depression becomes your path.”― Prabakaran Thirumalai
57. “Whenever you feel tension mounting up, just smile: you will break the force of tension.”― Dada J. P. Vaswani
58. “Stress comes from the fear of the unknown. To reduce stress, love what you do and be who you are.”― Debasish Mridha
59. “The more stress you accumulate, the heavier it becomes. If you accumulate too much, the weight of carrying it can break you.”― Oscar Auliq-Ice
60. “Don’t stress over being yourself. The act of being yourself is simply to be. Be without changing yourself for others. Simply be.”― Avina Celeste
Stress quotes for encouragement
61. “These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.”– Najwa Zebian
62. “A diamond is just a piece of charcoal that handled stress exceptionally well.” – Anonymous
63. “It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials.”– Bruce Lee
64. “When you realize how perfect everything is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.” – Buddha
65. “Don’t believe every worried thought you have. Worried thoughts are notoriously inaccurate.”– Renee Jain
66. “People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them.” – George Bernard Shaw
67. “The day she let go of the things that were weighing her down, was the day she began to shine the brightest.”– Katrina Mayer
68. “Remember that stress doesn’t come from what’s going on in your life. It comes from your thoughts about what’s going on in your life.”– Andrew Bernstein
69. “If you really want to escape the things that harass you, what you’re needing is not to be in a different place but to be a different person.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
70. “Resistance creates suffering. Stress happens when your mind resists what is. The only problem in your life is your mind’s resistance to life as it unfolds. You don’t have to control your thoughts.” – Dan Millman
More stress quotes and sayings
71. “If you think too far ahead, then it’ll just stress you out.” – Laurie Hernandez
72. “Creating something I can use is the best stress reliever.” – Blake Lively
73. “All the suffering, stress, and addiction comes from not realizing you already are what you are looking for.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
74. “Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” – Hermann Hesse
75. “Every day brings a choice: to practice stress or to practice peace.” – Joan Borysenko
Which were your favorite stress quotes?
Stress is a part of life. Stressful situations are bound to arise at some point. When they do, it’s upon us to continue thriving despite the added tension.
No matter what stress and challenges life throws at us, we have to be Strong Women in order to be successful. Hopefully, these stress quotes will help you cope with whatever stressful situation you might be facing.
Which are your favorite quotes on stress? Do you have any other stress quotes to share with us? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.